The Sumner County Democratic Party held its biennial leadership elections on Saturday April 6 in Gallatin. The following officers were elected:
- Hana Ali – County Party Chair
- Sibyl Reagan – County Party Executive Vice Chair
- Rick Yamin – Secretary
- Lexie Smith – Treasurer
- Len Assante – Immediate Past Chair
- Jacob Murrell – Vice Chair for Canvassing
- Linda Weaver – Vice Chair for Phone B
In addition, numerous district vice-chairs were elected as were precinct captains and a communications officer. New bylaws were also approved. The meeting was presided over by Zach Young, Goodlettsville City Commissioner.
Congratulations were received by Tennessee Democratic Party Chair Mary Mancini and Director of Party Affairs Maria Brewer. Outgoing officers Len Assante (Acting Chair), Tony Jackson (Chair), Michelle Harbin (Acting Exec Vice Chair), and Dawn Leady were thanked for their service. Key Volunteers Lexie, John, Larry, Steven and others were also thanked.